The EN-CV-CL section is in charge of the control systems for the Cooling & Ventilation plants, which are controlled, by industrial control systems. The software for these systems can be developed either by contractors, members of the section or by other CERN services.
- Provides support, maintance and software activities to the CV group and support for process related questions to the project leaders.
- The CV group maintenance activities (GMAO) rely on data, stored in CERN central databases. The section develops and maintains tools, which implement solutions to ease the queries, the production of reports and the population of the CV GMAO data. Moreover, it provides software packages used for vibration analysis and chillers operation
- It is responsible for the requirements of the control systems and for the control architecture definitions.
- Handles the tests and the commissioning phases of the control systems. Once these systems are put in operation, the section provides the required support to them, their computing infrastructure, and their operators.
- Finally, in the early phase of the projects, the section can provide support to project leaders to review the process design to verify that the regulations requirements can be meet.
A list with the phone numbers of CV-CL section members can be found in the CERN phonebook.